I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of my website visitors; this policy sets out how I will treat your personal information.
Personal Information Gathered
I may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of my website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and other similar details of your visit).
- information relating to any transactions carried out between us on or in relation to my website, including that relating to any purchases you make of my services
- information that you provide to me for the purpose of registering
- information that you provide to me for the purpose of subscribing to my website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to me howsoever it is sent
Using your personal information
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- supply to you goods and services purchased via the website
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- send email notifications you have specifically requested
- send you marketing communications which I think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology, where you have specifically agreed to this. (You can inform me at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about my users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to my website
Where you submit information for publication on my website, I will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to me. I will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
I may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. Session cookies keep track of you whilst you navigate a website and persistent cookies enable the website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools | Internet | Options | Privacy and selecting Block all cookies using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- to the extent that I are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which I am (or are contemplating) selling;
- to any person who I reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in my reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information
I will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on my website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. I cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
If you register on a .s-t-u-f-f.net site, you are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. I will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity. (For this purpose, I will usually accept a scanned copy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.) I may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct me not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
My website contains links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.